If your company’s defenses are down, infections, spyware, malware and viruses can worm their way in
Some small and medium businesses may think just because they’re not particularly large or global they may not be at risk for the ever-evolving stream of cyber attacks.
Security solutions run the gamut from encryption software to spyware removal, and M5 Systems has solid experience with many. Two of the most common solutions we recommend are anti-virus software and firewalls, both of which can greatly contribute to the overall security of your network.
The anti-virus software solutions we provide are designed to prevent, detect and remove malicious software. Automatic and manual scans are typically part of the package, with the software scanning your computer files and memory for patterns that can indicate the presence of malware.
With new malware hitting the cyber landscape daily, keeping your security solutions up-to-date is a must for the most effective protection.
Firewalls have come a long way since the technology was first introduced in the late 1980s. While they still act as a protective barrier to keep unwanted elements out of your network, they now do so with advanced technologies that can:
- Be configured in hardware, software, or both
- Use specific criteria to filter suspicious packets of information
- Be positioned at every internet connection and additionally used for outgoing traffic
- Utilize packet filtering to analyze even the smallest chunks of data
- Employ stateful inspection that compares key parts of a packet to trusted information before allowing the packet to pass through
- Be configured to filter by a number of variables that may include: domain name, IP address, protocol port, or even specific phrases or words
While the choices of anti-virus software, firewalls and other security solutions can seem overwhelming, M5 Systems can help select, implement and maintain the ideal solutions for your company’s size, type and overall needs.